Author Topic: How to gain RP access  (Read 16184 times)

Offline Memphis

• Scarlet Demon
  • Muncher
    • View Profile
How to gain RP access
« on: August 21, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • RP stands for Roleplay. Our server has an RP mode in addition to Freeroam; it's not a different server, it's just on a different virtual world. You can find more information about it on our Roleplay Basics Guide here. Only some players have access to this mode, and if you'd like to be one of them, keep reading!

1. Getting nominated:

A server administrator* will nominate you for Roleplay if they think you're suitable. To be suitable you have to be nice, respectful and follow the rules. You'll also have to be active on the server, so that admins can evaluate you. You can also ask an admin to nominate you, and they will do it if you ask nicely and behave well on the server. However, don't ask them too often as this can be annoying and you might end up losing your chance for RP. Also, do not be overly nice or try to patronize admins/other players just to get RP access - we can identify this behaviour and this will only reduce the chances of you getting RP. The admin should notify you about your nomination if you're nominated.

Also, if you haven't done so, please register in the server using "/spw password" command (Set a strong password and do not forget your password), and make sure you obtain a server id. You can check your server id by using "/pl" command, the number in parentheses next to your player name is your server id. As long as it is not zero, you're set. If you forgot your password, or for some reason you cannot register, please contact Egg_Shen about re-setting your account.

• The following people do NOT deal with role play applications, so do NOT ask them for /rp access.
    • Egg_Shen, Lo_Pan and inactive administrators at that time.

2. Voting period:

Once you've been nominated, you will be put on a list along with other RP candidates. You will have to wait 3 weeks for admins to evaluate you. During this time admins can vote against you getting RP if they see you do something wrong on the server or if they think you're not suitable for RP. If you get 3 admin votes against you, you will be denied and won't get RP access. If you get 2 votes against you might have to wait 4 weeks instead of 3 to get access. However, if you have one or no votes against, you will be granted RP access by an admin in-game.

It is your duty to claim your rp access after the voting period. If you believe that your nomination period has passed and still don't have rp access, please notify an admin in-game and claim your rp access. The admin will notify you whether your nomination has passed or denied, and will let you in rp if it has passed. If your rp access is left unclaimed, it can expire after a month. Note that being nominated and going away for three weeks can also act negatively on your nomination.

3. Being accepted or denied:

If you gain RP access, an admin will give you a tour of RP, explaining things and giving you a tutorial. It is also a good idea to read the Roleplay Guide as mentioned above. If you have been denied you can ask to be nominated again, after at least 2 weeks. During this time you should try to improve your behaviour or fix whatever has caused admins to vote against you. Note that there is a limit on how many times you get re-nominated, especially if you have been previously banned from Roleplay.

I know there's been a lot of confusion about getting RP, so I hope this guide clears things up. If not, then please post any questions below or PM me or any admin in-game.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:10:34 PM by Lo_Pan »

Offline Jerkey

• Jr. Stoner
    • Cross Arms To Life
      • View Profile
      • FI Clan Forum
    Re: How to gain RP access
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:24:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • Now everything about "RP Access" is clear ! Thanks ! :D

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be !"

Contact me :

Youtube : Forcar1
      Email address : forcarthefirst@gmail.com
      Games for Windows LIVE : ForcarTheFirst

Offline VECT0R

• New Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • How do I know if I am registered or not?

Offline Sceme

• Server Administrator
    • Super EON
    • STONED Peer Support
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »
  • Publish
  • When you join, the server will say Welcome back to.. if you're registered. Only Welcome to.. if you're not.

Doesn’t matter what the press says.
    Doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say.
    Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
    This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.
    When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world 

No, you move.

Offline CaliCaddy46

• Server Administrator
    • Super Stoner
    • Follow the rules please
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:13 AM »
  • Publish
  • Moved to Role Play Mode forum.

Offline ✡XxBlueBeaMxX

• Doomsday Stoner
    • Server Administrator
    • Super Stoner
    • Stop the world Zionism!
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Ofc.
    « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 12:11:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • When you join, the server will say Welcome back to.. if you're registered. Only Welcome to.. if you're not.

Except that this is not true.

I have joined with unregistered names several times. And the times I have re-joined with
    these names - they say "Welcome back" I think this is IP related combined with something else.

Offline Lordkire

• Server Administrator
    • EON
    • Lordkire fan?: Yes.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 08:36:26 PM »
  • Publish

Except that this is not true.

I have joined with unregistered names several times. And the times I have re-joined with
    these names - they say "Welcome back" I think this is IP related combined with something else.

The server will say Welcome back.. only if the name is registered AND is on the same IP-address as it was logged in on last. In this case the player is automatically logged in too.

When the name is registered but you join on a different IP address the server will say Hello.. , welcome to... AND display a message that the name is registered but not logged in, prompting you to do log in.

If the name is not registered, you will just see the Hello.. , welcome to... message.

Quote from: Sceme
    Most foods are penis-shaped.

Offline CaliCaddy46

• Server Administrator
    • Super Stoner
    • Follow the rules please
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • Or, use Egg's new addition on the /pl: the format is..

playerid (serverid login) adminlvl nickname

for example..

0 (631 a:1) lvl:2 CaliCaddy46
    1 (74 a:0) lvl:0 Player
    2 (0 a:1) lvl:0 RandomNewNickName
    3 (0 a:0) lvl:0 applejack_

In this case, id 0 is registered and logged in.
    Id 1 is registered but not logged in. If he/she owns the account, they can use /p password to log in.
    Id 2 is not registered(no server account#), but still logged in(ip hasn't changed since the first join with the nickname), so he/she can /spw password to register and set a password.
    Id 3 is neither registered nor logged in (never registered and ip has changed after the first join with the nickname), so this person would need to wait for Egg to reset account in order to be able to register.

And the welcome messages:

Hello CaliCaddy46, welcome to STONED FreeRoam. -first join
    Hello CaliCaddy46, welcome back to STONED FreeRoam. -logged in
    Welcome to STONED FreeRoam CaliCaddy46. -not logged in
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:22:06 PM by calicaddy46 »

Offline Egg_Shen

• Administrator
    • EON
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 05:22:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • And the welcome messages:

Hello CaliCaddy46, welcome to STONED FreeRoam. -first join
    Hello CaliCaddy46, welcome back to STONED FreeRoam. -logged in
    Welcome to STONED FreeRoam CaliCaddy46. -not logged in

correct...regardless of being registered

Offline xXSimonGhostxX

• New Stoner
    • Im No Gay
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: OFC
    « Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • How do I know if I am registered or not?
    This is not right place to ask /:

Offline Munch

• The Munch
    • The Munch
    • Super Muncher!
    • The Spirit Of Shankly.
      • View Profile
      • Sleepy Arcade
    • Munch fan?: Who isn't?
    « Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • This is not right place to ask /:

That post is more than a year old, and has already been answered the day it was posted (by an admin, no less, who decided to let that this fact slip).

Riding Hodor into Mordor. Who needs eagles?

Offline LUKA14

• New Stoner
    • I love Munch!
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: No,I am not
    « Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • What?? I followed rules and came almost every day on server for TWO months and I still didn't get nominated! The only thing is I didn't do is to ask may I get nominated. Is that the reason,because I didn't ask you? Should I suppose to ask or do you have to notice me?

Offline Lo_Pan

• Ron_Hobo
    • Administrator
    • Super EON
    • Indeed!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • What?? I followed rules and came almost every day on server for TWO months and I still didn't get nominated! The only thing is I didn't do is to ask may I get nominated. Is that the reason,because I didn't ask you? Should I suppose to ask or do you have to notice me?

From the first post in this topic:

"You can also ask an admin to nominate you, and they will do it if you ask nicely and behave well on the server. However, don't ask them too often as this can be annoying and you might end up losing your chance for RP."

Offline Roy1337

• Server Administrator
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Munch....Ies? Ima fan of those!
    « Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
  • Publish
  • Just want to add this, I now have full access back (Thanks again Egg! :D) and will be regularly on the server (Both Freeroam and Roleplay mode.) So RP nominations will be, once again, underway unless Egg_Shen or Lo_Pan decide to postpone/discontinue them. Heres just a couple things to take into consideration though.

-Due to the very limited number of admins that remain on the server, your access into RP may take a bit longer than normal. If you are patient, you will get in. If you keep pestering about it, your chances will decline. That simple.

-Calicaddy46 and I are so far the only admins I've seen "active" in the server, so it will more or less likely be one of us that will nominate you. However, if you see any of the admins from this list here online, I am sure they will be more than happy to have a chat with you and help you out. Just remember. Egg_Shen is also, always watching. :P

-Egg_Shen has also posted in a previous reply the dangers of RP at the moment. So remember, if you do want RP access, its at your own risk. Dont complain to us if you manage to fuck it all up in your first 10 minutes.
    "Egg doesnt have a wife, he's a pimp" - Takashi

Quote from: Egg_Shen
    May i suggest you first learn how to use something before you actually use it on a server?
    "Telling me not to use a gun to kill is like telling an obese person not to eat with kitchen utinsils. I'll just find another way to do so." -Me
    "I respect your right to have an opinion, but I'm asserting my authority as admin by mocking you anyway."
    +1

Offline Britten

• New Stoner
    • I love Munch!
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: yes
    « Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 05:49:48 PM »
  • Publish
  • I can't figure out if I'm registered or not.

* Google Search

Custom Search

Facebook Comments