Author Topic: A new project?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
    • View Profile
A new project?
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:30:07 PM »
  • Publish
  • You may have or may not have been wondering what happened with my trucks that I had... Well they are gone was fun working on them... but times changed... recently traded my street bike for a 79' sportster! That's right working on and making a stock sportster my own! Showed up to my house in a box and just sort of pieced it together over the past month or two and it is now running really well. Still have some other things to do yet but if you want to see a video of it running I will include a link. If you want to follow it, I will try and take pictures and post regularly as a new build series if you guys are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeBCsQQgRNg

http://imgur.com/a/zJrGf

http://imgur.com/a/FuaOK

Offline Tadas

• 3D Modders
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    Re: A new project?
    « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 12:22:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • Glad to see you working on something again :) good luck and have fun with it Rooch

Offline Chase

• The Imperial Legion
    • Muncher
    • Super EON
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:21:01 AM »
  • Publish
  • Nice bike. Never ridden a cruiser, but the only thing that came close was my uncle's Honda CD200. Keep it up and keep us posted. PS, what did you own previously?
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, SO JUST GO FUCKING NUTS!

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 05:30:16 AM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks and I traded my 2007 kawasaki zzr 600 for the sportster. Got the bike running the first 2 weeks after trading and just recently added some new pegs and shift linkage. Next will be to make a rear brake line for an aftermarket caliper I put on. Than it's a front tire and turn signals... Finally registration and insurance lol. Have some other small things to do like paint and all that non sense but that can be last hell it can be primer I don't really want shiny chrome or custom paint. As long as it starts and runs well I'm content with it lol. To be continued... 

http://imgur.com/a/3Nwuo

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 09:08:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • Update! Got my brake line ran from the master cylinder to the rear T fitting for brake lights and the caliper. I got a piece of 40" [101.6cm] steel brake line and custom bent it. Bled it and that's the puddle under the bike came out of the master cylinder when I had the top of it off... I also mounted my dash up consists of a tach and speedometer with I believe original miles. Don't mind the wires and such hanging over the bars I'll try and clean them up over the winter but that is not definite. Might also leave them be seeing as it works... More to come!

http://imgur.com/a/x7pq7

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 06:14:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Been a while but I recently added some heel rests on the bike. Took a different master cylinder and lever for the front brakes, put a new front tire on, changed the enrichener knob, and dropped a caliper off the front rim. It had 2 but the fittings were leaking so I just decided to measure up and plan on getting a straight piece of brake line down to the one caliper.

http://imgur.com/a/nnHu3

Online Roy1337

• Server Administrator
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Munch....Ies? Ima fan of those!
    « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 09:27:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • Certainly not a bad looking bike! Im looking into getting a cruiser myself. But keep it up Rooch. Would love to see a video of you hot rodding it down the street :P
    "Egg doesnt have a wife, he's a pimp" - Takashi

Quote from: Egg_Shen
    May i suggest you first learn how to use something before you actually use it on a server?
    "Telling me not to use a gun to kill is like telling an obese person not to eat with kitchen utinsils. I'll just find another way to do so." -Me
    "I respect your right to have an opinion, but I'm asserting my authority as admin by mocking you anyway."
    +1

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 08:34:45 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hopefully spring time it will be rideable... cause if it were to be done properly the turn signals would need to be wired up but I think they are just going to be sitting on the bike for now... not usable cause wiring isn't my strong point lol... What kind of bike are you looking into getting?

Online Roy1337

• Server Administrator
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Munch....Ies? Ima fan of those!
    « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 01:29:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • Definitely a cruiser style, and 2 seater. I sat on a Yamaha (Cant remember what it was exactly. I think it was an old V Star.) And it fit well, so might go for one of those. Still on the fence about sport bikes. The whole leaned forward thing is kinda meh.
    "Egg doesnt have a wife, he's a pimp" - Takashi

Quote from: Egg_Shen
    May i suggest you first learn how to use something before you actually use it on a server?
    "Telling me not to use a gun to kill is like telling an obese person not to eat with kitchen utinsils. I'll just find another way to do so." -Me
    "I respect your right to have an opinion, but I'm asserting my authority as admin by mocking you anyway."
    +1

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 11:24:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • UPDATE! Got my front brake line on master cylinder bled as well as the caliper. Ziptied it to the forks to keep the line from bouncing around. I also put bullet connectors on for my brake light switch on the front brake wired up and it works! A few more little details and it should be ready to go! Stay tuned lmao

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • UPDATE! I took it around the block and typical harley fashion it broke... jk jk it did break though. There is a pinch bolt in the little splined piece and that broke off... So instead of drilling and tapping I broke down and spent $5 and bought a new splined shifter to put my linkage in for the forward controls. I forgot to take a picture of it but will get one soon. I had to drill it out and with a lot of massaging from a file and curse words it fit together. I test rode it after that and made a few adjustments to the shifter itself with a grinder lol. Gave myself a little extra room to downshift. Will hopefully get another video of it running and a few more pictures. Sorry for the delay between posts it kind of got kicked off to the side when I ran out of money. Had to pay off a supermoto lmao! Perhaps I will get a video of that starting for the first time this spring. Sat all winter and needs an oil change lol.

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
  • Publish
  • Update! I had to pull some timing out of the bike it was advanced all the way and was pinging or knocking. There is a little cover on the side case with a plate you rotate under it that advances or retards the timing. I was also having issues hot starting it after a ride. I pulled a little out the other day took it for a ride and came back to let it sit and heat soak a little. Fired up after 3 kicks. Before the timing adjustment I probably spent a good 10 - 15 minutes kicking trying to get it to start. More to come as soon as weather permits.
    http://imgur.com/a/cSnua
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:02:28 PM by Rooch »

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 11:54:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Has been a while since I posted anything. We got some snow the past few weeks and the bank account was running low. I put a new master cylinder on for the rear brakes. The old one needs to be rebuilt was starting to leak around the piston and I think was clogged with something not letting fluid flow back and release the rear brakes. I fucked a fitting trying to get it off so now I have to wait till monday to see if that fixes the problem. In total the whole rear brake setup was replaced except for the brake light switch. Since the fitting got messed up I installed these Kuryakyn Lazer nodes. They light up when the coil fires. http://imgur.com/a/kiHcH
    Will get videos of it running with the nodes when I can roll it outside right now there is about 2 feet on the ground lol

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 12:18:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • Got the master cylinder bled and the line bent a different way than originally because there was an elbow that got the threads rolled over inside it. I couldn't thread the line into the fitting went and bought another fitting after trying 4 different parts stores. Than beyond my better judgment I said to myself... It will be fine and put it in the way I messed up the old one and the same thing happened to the new one. So I looked inside the maser cylinder and it had a reversed flare like the fitting did and the line seated perfectly. Got that bled out and it works fantastically. Rebuilt the whole rear brake section from master cylinder to rear caliper. New lines steel and rubber flexible one. So now the next step is to take it for a decent ride again when it's warmer out and try to tune the carb a little better it's okay for now but I think the accelerator pump needs to be fine tuned. I got it to where it works at mid to wide open throttle lol... Stay tuned for more updates

Offline Rooch

• Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 09:20:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • Rode the bike to a place of employment and it started great leaked a little bit of oil but was allegedly doing 70 75 down the interstate. Might have come out of the over flow cause I accidentally over filled it when I first changed the oil. Other than that was knocking a little... think the mixture might go lean cause under wide open throttle it runs fantastic but cruising it knocks. So it's leaning out perhaps? I retarded the timing as much as I care to and it starts great idles around fine but cruising at part throttle it sounds like marbles in a can. We shall see what happens when I start to mess with the fuel mixture I pulled a .028 main jet out that was clogged and replaced it with a .025 that was brand new. Maybe it needs the .028? Will post results when I mess with it again. 

* Google Search

Custom Search

Facebook Comments