Website Back Online!

We're back!! Sorry! Had some problem with some malicious files. The host didn't offer to fix it, as that's not a service they provide. I seem to have sorted it now.

Poll

Which banner would you like to see at the top of this site?

0 (0%)
7 (29.2%)
4 (16.7%)
0 (0%)
9 (37.5%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Site Banner Contest: Voting stage  (Read 13620 times)

Offline Munch

• The Munch
  • The Munch
  • Super Muncher!
  • Existence is RAGE!
    • View Profile
    • Knights of the Night's King (my page)
  • Munch fan?: Who isn't?
Site Banner Contest: Voting stage
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • Now we are going to finish off the banner contest by voting for the best banner. I am going to list the banners from the "final submissions" topic, and lock both previous topics. The voting will last until the 27th of December at the latest. If we don't get a great deal of votes or there are ties then it'll probably go down to personal opinion. If there are a fair few votes and there are ties then I'll make a separate poll for the tied banners.

Here are the images that you will be voting for. The number reference above each image will be the same as the number in the poll. So voting for #1 will vote for the banner below that has #1 by it.

Submissions

Get voting!
    Wyrd biþ ful ārǣd!

Offline SA™

• PHP GOD
    • Administrator
    • Super Stoner
    • while(!sleep(uniqid())) ++$sheep;
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: NO
    Re: Site Banner Contest: Voting stage
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • Finaly good luck everyone

* SA™ will hold of voting for now
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:20:52 PM by SA™ »
    Lead Customizer @ SimpleMachines

Current Projects:
    https://github.com/SAMods

Offline Sceme

• Server Administrator
    • Super EON
    • STONED Peer Support
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 05:58:58 AM »
  • Publish

Voting myself. Ofcourse I like it the most because I made it :P

Doesn’t matter what the press says.
    Doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say.
    Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
    This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.
    When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world 

No, you move.

Offline Munch

• The Munch
    • The Munch
    • Super Muncher!
    • Existence is RAGE!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »
  • Publish
  • Another week to go.
    Wyrd biþ ful ārǣd!

Offline Sceme

• Server Administrator
    • Super EON
    • STONED Peer Support
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • Lol this competition isn't quite taking off :P

Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
    This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.
    When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world 

No, you move.

Offline Munch

• The Munch
    • The Munch
    • Super Muncher!
    • Existence is RAGE!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • The voting has now ended (2 days later than planned). The winning banner is number #5, submitted by Memphis, which won by 9 votes. By only two votes less Sceme's submission at number #2 came second with 7 points. Unlucky Sceme, I thought it was a nice banner. In joint third with 4 points is #3 from Sceme and #8 from Chase.

Thank you to everyone who actually participated, the banner contest took much longer than planned because of there not being as much activity as I hoped but it came to a satisfying end I think. There were some great submissions, including those that got 0 votes. It's unfortunate that the voting didn't get much activity and only 4 banners got votes and it's unfortunate for Sceme that not only did he become second but he could have had 4 votes added on to banner #2 if he stuck to one submission (but the votes could equally have been spread out to other banners). It'd be unfair to add them votes to #2 so the winner is Memphis!

Congratulations to Memphis on winning the banner competition! Whenever I get time and can be bothered I'll add the banner to the site. As soon as I do I'll do all the other winning stuff.

The voting has closed but I'll leave the topic open so people can discuss the contest and the outcome.
    Wyrd biþ ful ārǣd!

Offline Memphis

• Scarlet Demon
    • Muncher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:45:42 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well, as much as I appreciate all the votes, I do quite like Sceme's banner more... I also voted for him too. I believe that if someone's to win this, it should be Sceme, especially considering that if we count the votes on both of his banners, he has more votes than me. The banner will probably be used for a long time, so we probably should choose the nicest and choose carefully. Despite the results of the voting I think most people want to see Sceme's banner on the site. If there's still doubts maybe me, Sceme and Chase should go on a second round of voting, though that will take even more time :P

But yeah, discuss... I am grateful for all the votes, I really am... I never thought I'd get this many votes, especially considering I wasn't serious while working on the banner (and did it at 5am after an all nighter) So thanks to everyone who voted for me, but I believe we should take some more time considering what banner we'll use since it's a big decision!

PS: If my banner does get picked, can I at least improve it? The color balancing really sucks on it!

Offline Sceme

• Server Administrator
    • Super EON
    • STONED Peer Support
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
  • Publish
  • Uhm.. Well.. Thank you? :P I kinda saw this coming. I had two very similar submissions and I guessed they both would get votes. The thing with my own banner is what Memphis said about his also. I'm personally not very happy about it. I like it but not like I like my signature for example. None of the signatures really don't stand out there. I don't have a favourite one.

I would suggest a new voting with the top 3 banners. Chase, Memphis and the one from me which got more votes.

No, you move.

Offline Munch

• The Munch
    • The Munch
    • Super Muncher!
    • Existence is RAGE!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • If you want to hand your victory to Sceme, Memphis, then that is acceptable. If you want to put it to voting with the 3 banners then that is also acceptable.

And yes, you are welcome to make any improvements at any time, even 6 months later when it is still up there. You'll just need to send me the improved image so I can reupload it.

So what do you want? A vote for the 3 banners, or do you wish to stand down, Memphis, which will automatically make Sceme the winner? Either way is acceptable to me. Don't feel pressured into standing down, though, if you wish to take it to another vote.

If we do take it to another vote, it will probably last until the site is renewed, which should be the third week of January.
    Wyrd biþ ful ārǣd!

Offline Memphis

• Scarlet Demon
    • Muncher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »
  • Publish
  • I don't know what to do really... I would just give victory to Sceme, since a new voting would only delay the whole process. But at the same time, what if I'm mistaken and people actually prefer my banner? Can't decide!

Offline Silver_420

• Server Administrator
    • Heroic Stoner
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Canada ftw
    « Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
  • Publish
  • I do think, the voting went well "as probably most the regular players voted", and the banner should go to the winner
     maybe time down the road again. months,years whatever. we set for another banner contest
    Congrats to Memphis!
    and Best of luck to others in the possible Next banner contest

Online Lo_Pan

• Administrator
    • Super EON
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • How about this:

Both Memphis and sceme give their final touches to their banners as they both said they could have done better, then after they both fixed whatever they want to fine tune we vote again, who cares if it's another week or two or a month, the contest has been running for a long time, another month wont kill us.

Offline Munch

• The Munch
    • The Munch
    • Super Muncher!
    • Existence is RAGE!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 01:41:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • How about this:

Both Memphis and sceme give their final touches to their banners as they both said they could have done better, then after they both fixed whatever they want to fine tune we vote again, who cares if it's another week or two or a month, the contest has been running for a long time, another month wont kill us.

I'm fine with that.

If that is what you want to do, Memphis and Sceme, you could post your improved designs here and I'll take it to another vote. You can still make improvements later on after you've won so it's always open to improvements.
    Wyrd biþ ful ārǣd!

Offline Sceme

• Server Administrator
    • Super EON
    • STONED Peer Support
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • Yeah, I could fine-tune my banner a bit. I think I have the orginad .psd file hidden somewhere... On the other hand, Memphis won and there's nothing thats going to change that. Since he's the winner his banner should be used. Unless ofcourse he prefers my or someone elses banner over his own, thats okay for me too. Really it's up to you mate :P

No, you move.

Offline Mr.Blue

• Viking
    • Server Administrator
    • EON
    • Mr.Blue <3 Christine
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Yes, I adore.
    « Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
  • Publish
  • May your hands guide the mouse as gods, let the best man win!

-Signature by Chase

If you see a 1958 Plymouth Fury chasing you....run....don't look back... just run!

* Google Search

Custom Search

Facebook Comments