Website Back Online!

We're back!! Sorry! Had some problem with some malicious files. The host didn't offer to fix it, as that's not a service they provide. I seem to have sorted it now.

Author Topic: Signature rant yet again.  (Read 3475 times)

Offline [SDT]VTech

• 3D Modders
  • Super Stoner
    • View Profile
Signature rant yet again.
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • So is it just me or is anyone else sick of the retarded signature gifs or pics popping up all over people's profiles?

What made me make this topic is that idiotic "Dodger" signature presented by 2 individuals on the forum. I mean... I don't mind if you have a retarded picture or something in your sig, none of my business, but is it really necessary to have obscene words, especially calling other people names in your sig?

It doesn't make you cool, all it does is makes you look like a stupid idiot...

On any other forum I have been a member of a profile with obscenities like that would be blocked immediately and as far as I have heard this forum is meant to be "family friendly", since a lot of inappropriate topics have been deleted before.

You might think Im taking this over the top, but it really hurts my eyes scrolling through forum seeing stuff like that. I really want to ask.. What the fuck is the point kid... Especially given it's on a 13yo's profile.

Idk guys, I just wanted to get this off my chest. I aim this rant at Munch and as he is the main guy here, I would like to hear what's his opinion on the NSFW sigs.
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:40:55 AM by [SDT]VTech »

Quote from: Tadas
    I just feel like i should be able to say what i think without someone starting to bitch about it
    +1

Offline Austin

• Proper Stoner
    • Why does this taste red?
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Yeah but he's not on munch
    Re: Signature rant yet again.
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 03:09:28 PM »
  • Publish
  • NFSW stands for not safe for work right? May I ask why your getting on this site at work for one. And for 2 isn't weed illegal where you live? ( I mean going to a site named stonedfreeroam and being caught at work wouldn't be good would it? )
    Austin Lee Houston

Munch:

A couple of weeks ago I reached 666 private messages. And until recently it stayed that way. Now on one of my disk drives I have 666 GB available. Satan's coming for me. From the digital world. :P

Offline Munch

• The Munch
    • The Munch
    • Super Muncher!
    • Existence is RAGE!
      • View Profile
      • Knights of the Night's King (my page)
    • Munch fan?: Who isn't?
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • For starters, I'm not sure about the 3d Modders thing. I don't remember adding him. If you have a problem with him being in the group, I think group mods (which you are now) can remove members. If not, and it's in the interest of the other members, I can remove him. Though this is something more suitable to PMs.

Regarding the signatures...

I wouldn't call this forum "family friendly". We've always been very lenient with people regarding what they post and do with their profiles (within reason).

Personally Austin's signature and Daniel's (if it's their signatures you're talking about) doesn't seem too bad. Okay it says "you're a fag" but that's nothing compared to what's been said on here and on the server (including by admins).

Wait, seems the signature's changed and I see what could be considered unnecessary about it. And yeah it is a bit NSFW. But then in the past I've gone on here, and usually while a tutor in my college would look at it, someone (Lo_Pan!!) would post something, or pop-up on the chatbox that we had, and there'd be swearing that the tutor notices and I have to explain our leniency. :P

If someone's signature does bother you, and they aren't willing to change it for you, then an Admin can do something if we agree that it should be changed.
    Wyrd biþ ful ārǣd!

Offline SA™

• PHP GOD
    • Administrator
    • Super Stoner
    • while(!sleep(uniqid())) ++$sheep;
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: NO
    « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • i say put a post limit on signitures say you need 20 post before you can add signitres of course that wouldent solve the op issue but it would help in the long run

this will probaly get shot down but i fault id toss it out there  :P
    Lead Customizer @ SimpleMachines

Current Projects:
    https://github.com/SAMods

Offline [SDT]VTech

• 3D Modders
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks for your reply Munch, I actually thought I'll get shot down here immediately! I just find that gif really badly eye irritating. And you being British you know how strong the C word is :P (I heard it's considered even worse in USA). It ain't like I'm against swearing or something.. I mean, I swear all the fucking time. But I don't force retarded gifs on people throwing insults at them, I find it disrespectful and immature.

Oh and cheers for sorting out the 3d Modders thing ;)

NFSW stands for not safe for work right? May I ask why your getting on this site at work for one. And for 2 isn't weed illegal where you live? ( I mean going to a site named stonedfreeroam and being caught at work wouldn't be good would it? )

You see, you just totally missed the point of my entire post... So I won't even reply.
    (You read 2 sentences and you can tell you're talking with a child, wheres that strong language coming from?)

i say put a post limit on signitures say you need 20 post before you can add signitres of course that wouldent solve the op issue but it would help in the long run

Not a bad idea at all, I've been on forums where a similar rule was enforced, however they were big, massively active sites.
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:13:55 PM by [SDT]VTech »

I just feel like i should be able to say what i think without someone starting to bitch about it
    +1

Offline SA™

• PHP GOD
    • Administrator
    • Super Stoner
    • while(!sleep(uniqid())) ++$sheep;
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: NO
    « Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »
  • Publish
    Not a bad idea at all, I've been on forums where a similar rule was enforced, however they were big, massively active sites.

yeah me too they do it at the smf site it were i got the idea from it can be quit effective that and capacha on post for newbies goes after so many post can be a good anti spam setup
    Lead Customizer @ SimpleMachines

Current Projects:
    https://github.com/SAMods

Online Lo_Pan

• Administrator
    • Super EON
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 09:02:09 PM »
  • Publish

• But then in the past I've gone on here, and usually while a tutor in my college would look at it, someone (Lo_Pan!!) would post something, or pop-up on the chatbox that we had, and there'd be swearing that the tutor notices and I have to explain our leniency. :P

We don't discriminate people with Tourette syndrome now do we?! (I cunt FUCK don't BALLS, lick BALLS PISS up the ass don't have shit SHIT Tourette though, FUCK SHIT!)

There is a difference in saying cunt, and calling someone a cunt though. (Bill gates and a few others are the exception to that rule :P)
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:03:48 PM by Lo_Pan »

Offline [SDT]VTech

• 3D Modders
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 01:06:14 AM »
  • Publish
  • There is a difference in saying cunt, and calling someone a cunt though. (Bill gates and a few others are the exception to that rule :P)

Well shit, I wrote all of that up there and you just explained it better in one sentence. :P

+1

* Google Search

Custom Search

Facebook Comments