Website Back Online!

We're back!! Sorry! Had some problem with some malicious files. The host didn't offer to fix it, as that's not a service they provide. I seem to have sorted it now.

Author Topic: Creating small game?  (Read 2772 times)

Offline security

• Proper Stoner
  • 出生殺人
    • View Profile
  • Munch fan?: Sure i am =D
Creating small game?
« on: June 17, 2015, 05:28:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • Ey guys, long time not seen :)

Well i'm going to make a small game soon in my spare time, but i can't make the decision about the style.

It's going to be a cookie clicker but can't figure out which kind of style it should be.
    Cookie clicker is already there :) and i don't want to make just a copy off. The reason to make a simple UI game is because i can't make 3D moddels and this way i have a small project :).

I hope some people can help me with this :)

Also the idea is to start for one device first,
    Computer or android :)

If someone has ideas feel free to tell =)

I will release it for free after it's polished.

Greets,
    Security

Offline Tadas

• 3D Modders
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    Re: Creating small game?
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:15:46 AM »
  • Publish
  • How you been Sec

Offline security

• Proper Stoner
    • 出生殺人
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 09:05:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • good, and you?  :)

Offline Roy1337

• Server Administrator
    • Super Stoner
      • View Profile
    • Munch fan?: Munch....Ies? Ima fan of those!
    « Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 04:44:22 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hey Security, good to see ya again :P And as for feedback on the game.. I wouldnt mind one for android, but trying to tap the screen on a phone for millions of times would actually suck a little bit xD (Sorta like the clicking in cookie clicker) Also, maybe some sorta bombing or shooting game. Idk, just an idea that came up almost instantly reading this :P
    "Egg doesnt have a wife, he's a pimp" - Takashi

Quote from: Egg_Shen
    May i suggest you first learn how to use something before you actually use it on a server?
    "Telling me not to use a gun to kill is like telling an obese person not to eat with kitchen utinsils. I'll just find another way to do so." -Me
    "I respect your right to have an opinion, but I'm asserting my authority as admin by mocking you anyway."
    +1

Offline security

• Proper Stoner
    • 出生殺人
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 09:00:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • Ey roy!

Well i also like to make a top down shooter for android, but there is just one problem, i can't make 3D models myself. I can only write my games :P. Also i can make programmer art which is not the most beautiful.

The reason for a UI game is the simplicity of it. Also 2D side scroller, same problem can't make the sprites myself :P

Offline Memphis

• Scarlet Demon
    • Muncher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • I was going to make an incremental game like cookie clicker myself, but a bunch of other projects took over my life... I still have designs and ideas somewhere on my PC. If you take a look at the incremental games subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games) you'll find a ton of inspiration for games like this. There's a few different UIs there, but I feel like there's a general trend that everyone's following... try to do something a bit different and new/fresh if you can.

As for platform, depends on what you're most comfortable programming with and who your target audience is. For Android you'd need to be comfortable with either Java or C# as you probably know. If you want to go for a web application, JavaScript (maybe with jQuery, Angular JS??) and maybe a bit of PHP and a database solution (SQL based for starters, I don't see the need to go for NoSQL at the start, only when/if the project grows bigger). For a simple desktop game, C++ would make a very robust game (and very likely teach you new things about programming), but can also just go with simple Java (Swing and AWT libraries) or even Python with pyGame!

It all depends on your programming skills and your target audience really. Decide on the platform using those two things. When it comes to design, look at the link above and see if you can find some inspiration from the games posted there. If you need any help with programming bla just send me a PM or post here! Good luck! :D

Offline security

• Proper Stoner
    • 出生殺人
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »
  • Publish
  • For now i only know c#, next year if i am right i will learn c++ (hope so)

Thanks for the link will check it out!

* Google Search

Custom Search

Facebook Comments